Bruce Jenkins’ “The Next Realm” was SURFER’s December 1993 cover story, and the first full-length look at tow surfing. * * * Bill Sickler had the binoculars out one day last winter, checking a huge north swell from a hillside spot above Sunset Beach. He was watching Laird Hamilton carve out a slice of the…
“THE NEXT REALM” BY BRUCE JENKINS. GENTLEMEN, START YOUR ENGINES!
- “THE ULTIMATE THRILL,” MARK FOO PROFILE BY MATT WARSHAW (1987)
- “THE NEXT REALM” BY BRUCE JENKINS. GENTLEMEN, START YOUR ENGINES!
- “THE NATION OF KEN,” BY BRUCE JENKINS
- LONG READ: “LAIRD HAMILTON: LAST MAN STANDING,” BY DAN DUANE
- LONG READ: “FATHER, SON, HOLY SPIRIT,” BY BRUCE JENKINS
- MISFIRE! WHY DIDN’T MOTORIZED BIG-WAVE SURFING HAPPEN 30 YEARS EARLIER?
- DARRICK DOERNER: COOL TO A FAULT