What is the Encyclopedia of Surfing?
The Encyclopedia of Surfing, written by Matt Warshaw, was published by Harcourt in 2003. In 2013 it was reborn as a Seattle-based 501(c)3 nonprofit website, with a mission to preserve, archive, and present surf history. Encyclopedia of surfing is ad-free and viewer-supported. A subscription costs $3.00 a month or $30 for the year.
How do I get in touch with EOS?
How do I update, or change, my payment method?
You can subscribe or donate to EOS in one of three ways: credit card, PayPal, or Amazon Pay. Switching to either all depends on how long you've had your subscription with us. We changed our system in May, 2019, which means if you've signed up since then the process will vary slightly from if you had signed up before.
Recently signed up (after May, 2019)
- Head over to your account page. Click the button, toward the top right-hand side, titled "Change Payment Method".
- You'll then be redirected to a form that will confirm your existing subscription details while offering several methods of payment (Amazon Pay, PayPal or Credit Card).
- Simply select your new preferred method and click the orange "Change Payment Method" button to confirm.
Long term subscribers
If you would like to simply update your credit card details...
- Head over to your account page.
- Click the "Edit Account" link over to the left-hand side.
- Fill out the form with your new credit card details and click the "Save changes" button.
If you would like to change your payment method...
- On your account page, click the button toward the top right-hand side titled "Change Payment Method".
- You'll then be redirected to a form where you can select your desired payment method (Amazon Pay, PayPal or Credit Card).
- This will actually start you off on a new subscription, which means you'll get another 14 days for free.
How do I change the email associated with my account?
Unfortunately your subscription is tied to your email and so emails can't be changed. Please get in touch if you need to update your email.
How do I buy a gift subscription?
- Head to the subscribe page.
- Click "The Gift of EOS" button and you'll be re-directed to checkout.
- Fill out your basic details and then choose whether to send the gift subscription to yourself or to someone else.
- If sending to yourself you will recieve an email once you're payment has completed that will have a gift code in it. Copy the code and send that to the gift recipient however you like.
- If you send it to someone else enter their email address in the field that appears, along with a customised message, and the gift code will be emailed directly to them.
- Before contacting support regarding gift codes, please double check all email junk folders for the gift coupon.
How do I cancel my subscription?
Once you've logged in head over to your account page. You will see your subscription details on the right-hand side, just below that you'll find a 'Cancel' button. Simply give that a click and follow the prompts. If you have any issues cancelling then please get in touch with us.
Is my EOS donation tax-deductible?
Yes. EOS is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit.
Is my EOS subscription tax-deductible?